Useful information about essential oils
The difference between essential oils and aromatherapy?
In addition to the aromas characteristic of essential oils there are many other beneficial health ingredients as well as reflecting the characteristics of essential oils while with aromatherapy only molecular scents so there is no effect other than scent. Some scents are made up of chemical ingredients that can affect health
How to distinguish essential oils and aromatherapy?
- Try on white paper:Small 1.2 drops on paper if for a while to see the essential oil fly away without leaving any trace, it is the standard essential oil. If on paper leave 1 round of fat, it is aromatherapy mixed with lead oil
- Scent: The smell of essential oils is usually gentle and almost the same smell when you smell the flowers, branches in nature, and the aromatherapy is usually very dark and dark even causes nausea if smelled
- Use your hands: Please small some essential oils to hand and apply you evenly. In pure essential oils (pictured left), they penetrate very quickly into the skin and do not create a sticky feeling. Conversely, unpleasant sticky sensations in the hands will occur for false essential oils (pictured right).
- Vigorous shaking: First we must vigorously shake the bottle of essential oil. If it is pure essential oil (pictured left), the foam will emerge simultaneously as soon as it stops shaking. If the essential oil is fake (pictured right) then the foam will emerge a lot and it will take a long time to get back to the original
- Observations when entering water: - Real essential oils: insoluble in water, most floating on the water, a very few submerged in water. (Please note that very few such as frankincense, cinnamon, perfume... heavier than water should sink in water. ) - Aromatherapy: completely dissolved in water, fake essential oil 1 part soluble in water and partly submerged.
- Put in the freezer observation refrigerator: - Real essential oils: will not freeze when put in the freezer - Aromatherapy: will be frozen when put in the freezer.-
- Burning essential oils: Put a few drops of essential oil in a small spoon then burn up. Real essential oils will ignite the flames and evaporate quickly. Aromatherapy doesn't.
- Color: - Most have 2 basic tones are white in or light yellow to amber yellow. In addition, a few essential oils with other colors such as super-essential frankincense are dark black, essential oils of geranium can be turquoise .... - Aromatherapy: often with a very bright color of red and yellow-purple... (pour the essential oil into a small bowl to check the true color of the essential oil). These types you often encounter many at thai essential oil sales fairs (pale scents and extremely flashy colors)
- Price is also one of the factors determining the quality of essential oils, essential oils with purity and high concentrations will cost more red.
Factors affecting the quality of essential oils?
Light, temperature and quality of the container are the factors that most affect the quality of essential oils, so it is always contained in dark aluminum or glass bottles
Factors affecting the quality of essential oils?
- Essential oils can be contained in pet plastic bottles or colored glass bottles (brown, green), aluminum bottles - The shelf life of essential oils is at least 2 years (however, depending on the essential oil container is bactericidal, avoid good light). - Essential oils should not be preserved in plastic bottles because chemical reactions are prone
How to use essential oils?
Use directly on the bodyNatural essential oils often have very good permosis on the skin with direct absorption through cell membranes. But if applied directly to the skin can also cause skin burns, burning. Therefore, you need to dilute essential oils with foundation oil at a rate of 0.5% - 5%. But children under 3 months should not take essential oils.
How to use natural essential oils - Use directly on the bodyWhen using essential oils to apply to the skin, they can help support the treatment of some problems such as acne skin, allergies, itching ... Or you can use essential oils for massage, an effective therapy to reduce stress and take good skin care. But you need to combine the foundation when you want to massage on the skin, do not massage directly on the skin.
Use fragranceIf used for inhalation, you small 3-5 drops of essential oils into a towel with cotton fabric where you need to smell. The aroma of essential oils will fly and spread in nearby places. If used for steaming, you can use a lamp that diffuses essential oils because essential oils only evaporate when at high temperatures. If you want to use for spraying then you need to mix with medical alcohol 70 degrees or 90 degrees.
Internal use (eating, drinking, sucking ...)Most natural essential oils are mostly usable by certain content. However, if you want to eat, drink, you need to follow the right recipe. Because natural essential oils are very concentrated, you must take enough standard doses to ensure safety
What is the origin of the product and the quality of essential oils?
Essential oils are extracted mainly in India, China, Span, France, UK and Vietnam.... of which 80% from India and most of the major essential oil companies of Europe and america are from India but not every essential oil from India is of the same quality. Depending on the region of raw materials and extraction technology, quality manufacturers will vary based on their chemical composition analysis rather than quality decision origin. Tests at edela Lap comparing French Lavender even had lower levels of Limonene and Linalyl acetate (lavender's main component) than Lavender from India
Why are you completely assured of the quality of essential oils from Edela
As a company specializing in the field of cosmetic pharmaceutical research, essential oils from Edela are not only imported from the most prestigious manufacturers of the time but also comply with strict quality control procedures. All essential oils to consumers go through 3 stages: - Inspecting components and saving samples from importers for each shipment separately to ensure proper component and quality standards - Inspect and save samples for each shipment produced by day - Periodically monitor 06th times with production shipments to ensure essential oils remain the same quality from the time of import